Since the biggest bomb of COVID has passed, have you been asking yourself the following significant question: “Who am I now?” Know that you’re not alone! Many people, professional midlife women in particular, are asking it too.
And, it’s a majorly great signal that you’re ready for change.
Asking this question shows that you’re seeking to define your true identity and sense of self. Let’s explore how we connect with the core of our being and fundamental aspects that make us each a unique and distinct person.
Asking “Who am I?” involves a deeper exploration of divergent facets of our being, such as these ten:
- Self-Identity: This refers to exploring your values, beliefs, personality traits, and characteristics that define who you are as a person.
- Purpose and Meaning: Exploring the purpose of your existence and seeking meaning in life, including your personal passion and vision and what gives your life significance. It’s different for every human being. Problem is, when we base our desires upon outside forces, we easily lose touch with our own inner truth.
- Authenticity: Discovering and embracing your genuine self, free from outside expectations, demands or societal pressures.
- Past and Present Experiences: Reflecting on your past experiences, how they have shaped the person you are today, and how these experiences inform your identity. Are you the same person you were 20 years ago. Do you want to be? What might need to change?
- Passions and Interests: Tapping into your passions, interests, and what brings you a sense of satisfaction, joy and fulfillment.
- Roles and Relationships: Understanding the roles you play in various relationships and how these roles contribute to your sense of worth.
- Personal Growth: Evaluating areas for personal growth and development, and acknowledging how they have evolved over time.
- Values and Beliefs: Identifying core values and beliefs that guide your decisions and actions.
- Emotions and Inner World: Acknowledging and understanding your emotions, fears, hopes, and dreams.
- Connection with Others: Contemplating how you connect and relate to others and how these relationships shape your identity.
Ultimately, asking “Who am I?” is a profound question that invites self-exploration and self-awareness. It allows us to gain a clearer understanding of ourselves, and that leads to personal growth, a greater sense of purpose, and ultimately to a more authentic and fulfilling life.
If you’re eager and ready to ready to attune to your feminine voice and find fulfillment in fully expressing it in your second half from an unshakeable center of inner peace, then come to our Empower Your Feminine Voice retreat in Tavira, Portugal, October 3-8 for an unforgettable adventure.
What questions are you asking about your second half? Comment below…