Most of us have an Inner Critic, an internal “voice” that judges our actions or inaction, tells us what’s wrong with us and how we should or should not be. This constant judgment can lead to debilitating feelings of guilt, shame and anxiety. While it’s difficult to silence the critic completely, there are ways to cope with it. Answer these true/false questions to discover how well you handle your Inner Critic.
1. I can’t seem to do anything right. I feel depressed and incapacitated by the constant nagging, judging voice inside me.
2. I don’t necessarily realize I’m at the effect of my Inner Critic, but I often compare myself to others and never quite measure up. I feel inadequate.
3. Just when I’m about to embark on something new and exciting, such as a job or relationship, my Inner Critic kicks up doubt and fear to prevent me from pursuing the opportunity.
4. I have difficulty staying in the present moment because my internal judging voice loudly intrudes, dictating what I should and shouldn’t do.
5. Because of that voice, I second-guess my choices and actions and don’t trust myself. As a result, I worry that I’ll make a big mistake and something bad will happen.
1. I see my Inner Critic as a misguided ally who wants to help or protect me. I look for the positive intention behind what it says and embrace that rather than the negative message.
2 I’ve gotten to know the themes my Inner Critic harps on, so I can distinguish those voices from other more useful internal dialogue.
3. It’s helpful to notice when my Inner Critic is present. I breathe deeply and center myself to release fear and anxiety and return to a more peaceful place.
4. Giving my critical inner voices funny names and descriptions —such as Taskmonster or Paula Perfectionist—helps me diminish their power and not take them seriously.
5. As I’ve become skilled at handling the Inner Critic, it bothers me less often. I still hear it sometimes, but I don’t believe what it says and it rarely affects me adversely.
If you answered true more often in Set 1 and false more often in Set 2, you may wish to learn some effective ways to handle your Inner Critic.
Please check out this quick jump-start resource if you’d like to explore this further. In this FREE 1-hour workshop): How to Silence Your Inner Critic & Become Unstoppable!, you’ll discover:
✔️ How to silence your inner critic and become unstoppable
✔️ The 5-mistakes that keep you from being seen and heard
✔️ Why you DON’T need the “Right Words” to express your truth
✔️ How to unleash your voice with an easy practical action
BONUS: You’ll also receive a Healing Music Meditation to Soothe Anxiety – Value ($97) when you attend LIVE.
“My inner critic used to stop me from taking action that would help me advance my business. This FREE workshop helped me see why. Yesterday, I gave my first FB Live…and made a sale as a result. THANKS “ Lena H.
Eliana Gilad is a Therapeutic Singing pioneer who has trained more than 10,000 conscious professionals, given two TEDx talks, and collaborated with internationally recognized thought leaders in the health, wellness, feminine leadership and new science genres. She has also presented at the United Nations, and her work has been featured in worldwide press.
Founder of Voices of Eden – Ancient Wisdom and Healing Music Institute, Eliana leads online immersion trainings, live retreats and sacred wisdom journeys to help professional women awaken to their feminine power and authentic voice for maximum health, wealth and wisdom.